When building a car you’ll find that with every small success there’s usually also a set-back lurking around the corner. Unfortunately project BatBerry has now seen its first minor set-back 😦
After performing the final separation of the body from the chassis in preparation to go to the media blasters, we’ve found that the frame is in too poor condition to be used for the donor. There’s just way too much metal rot all over the chassis.
At least the engine/transmission and the wiring harness is still usable as a donor for the BatBerry 🙂
I’ll be heading to the shop to haul the engine & transmission to my place as soon as I can make arrangements. So off to Princess Auto I go to buy myself an engine hoist! I was hoping to put that purchase off for a while, but I’ve found that you just have to roll with the punches.
The search is now on for a new chassis for the BatBerry. Fortunately we have leads on 4-5 other cars that we’re going to check out. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we’ll be able to find one with a solid frame.
To be continued….