More progress on the BatBerry software

Neither Tim Neil, his vehicle, or Research In Motion (BlackBerry) are licensed by, endorsed by, sponsored by or affiliated with DC Comics or the owners of the “Batman” properties.  Tim Neil’s vehicle is also not licensed by, endorsed by or sponsored by Research In Motion (BlackBerry).

Ok.. so now that we have the formalities out of the way.. let’s take a look at the app 🙂

I’ve been making some pretty good progress on the software for my BlackBerry 10 device that will connect to the Arduino board via Bluetooth to control the systems of the car.  I’ve been building all of the software using HTML5, JavaScript and CSS3 to create the BlackBerry 10 look and feel.

Continue reading More progress on the BatBerry software

Initial User Interface Work for the PlayBook

This weekend I made pretty good progress on the UI for the PlayBook app which will be mounted in the dash of the BatBerry.  I took a lot of inspiration from the work done by a member on Chicks Love The Car.  These were some great mock-ups based on the images used in the new movies for the computer screens in the Tumbler.

I created the UI all in HTML5 to fit the BlackBerry PlayBook screen using CSS and the bbUI.js web toolkit for screen and JavaScript management.  Then I packaged it all up as a BlackBerry WebWorks application.  I’ve also posted all of the source code up in github for anyone who wants to check it out.

Continue reading Initial User Interface Work for the PlayBook

After a Month, I’m back at it!

It’s been a while since I’ve been out working in the garage on the BatBerry.  I’m pretty sure it’s been almost a month of other “stuff” going on keeping me out of the garage.  So this afternoon it was nice to be able to get back out there and get to work.  Today’s goal was to mock-up the radiator assembly mounting points.  To do that I needed to open up the garage door and roll the car out a bit so that I could lift the hood up and down onto the car (It was probably up and down 20 times).

After a first quick test fit it was clear that my radiator assembly wasn’t going to work.  It was too wide/tall at the top where it met the curvature of the turbine, so I had to make some adjustments.  I ended up welding in some more tubing and then cut off the excess that was causing the problem.

Continue reading After a Month, I’m back at it!

A/C Condenser Frame

I finished this one up a while ago but I just haven’t had the time to post up the progress.  There’s been lots of different things going on like piecing my Subaru back together again after having a bunch of engine parts stolen, travelling to our BlackBerry developer conference and packing everything up in our kitchen and prepping for some renovations that will be happening over the next month or so.

In short.. busy times 🙂

Once I had finished up the radiator and fan mounting, I turned my attention to the frame that will hold the Air Conditioning condenser in place in front of the radiator.  I created a frame out of the 1 x 1 tubing that matched the outer mounting tab dimensions for the condenser.

Continue reading A/C Condenser Frame