Progress has been a little slow lately. The weather hasn’t been the best and I’ve been battling a cold. I was hoping to get the BatBerry and the Subaru wheels painted this weekend but it’s a nasty rainy day and only 5 degrees 😦
I actually have both sets of the wheels prepped and ready for paint, I just need warm enough weather to spray them in my garage.
While I was moping around the house, I figured I would un-box the AutoMeter gauges. I figured I would take some pictures of the gauges and also check out the silver trim on the speedometer and tach.
If we take a look at the Speedometer and Tach, the silver trim ring is something that I’m going to paint to make it look like the other Z-series gauges.
Looking closer at the gauge, when you look from an extreme angle you can see the white cup in between the trim ring and the black gauge face. I tried to see if I could take the gauge apart so that I could paint that inside area as well, but no such luck.
I’ll have to settle for just painting the trim ring black 🙂
I was able to take some steps in the right direction today. Before I can get working on the BatBerry in my garage, I need to get my Subaru back out on the road for the spring. That will clear out the garage for some good old fabrication.
Unfortunately, the Subaru has a busted wheel. On its final trip of the season last fall I ended up hitting something on the road that ended up splitting the rim. After a $250 flatbed charge the car was back in my garage. Unfortunately they won’t weld aluminum wheels anymore 😦
Of course a replacement rim “only” takes 3 months to order from Japan; and that was before the unbelievable devastation that occurred from the Tsunami.
Time for plan B ….
I took a trip down to Windsor today and picked up a new set of rims for the Subaru. Now I just have to paint the rims and get them on the car so that I’m ready to roll.
This will also give me a good opportunity to paint both my Subaru rims and the BatBerry rims to match. I’ll hopefully have some posts up soon of the painted rims.
Now if only I had a chassis to put them on 😦