After finishing the structural work for the Canopy I’ve been thinking about beefing up the rear arms that hold the canopy wheels. Right now these are just a couple of bent pieces of steel.
With the added weight of the steel in the canopy I’m worried about getting some flex in this bent steel. I had already noticed that there was a little bit of flex before adding the steel frame to the canopy.
The picture at the top of this post shows a close-up of the canopy arms from some hi-definition video of the actual Batmobile that I received from Matt which he took when all the Batmobiles were out to the original Bob’s Big Boy.
The production team used a bit of a different rail system than I did, but you can see how beefy the canopy arm is. I also noticed from the video clip that there’s a lip on the body that reaches down inside the cabin around the edge of the canopy opening. I’ll have to see if I can also incorporate that in my build. I have a bit of rubbing on my canopy arms now, so I’ll likely take my time to both beef up the arm and correct the existing rubbing at the same time.