Yesterday I spent a couple of hours in the garage trying out my window frame concept and managed to make a little bit of progress. I welded all the nuts to the outer frame and also traced the frame onto some 1/4″ plywood.
Then it was a matter of marking the holes on the plywood and cutting everything out. I made sure I kept some alignment marks so that I knew where everything was positioned. I then drilled out the holes big enough so that the nuts would fit down inside the plywood and everything looks pretty good so far. I’ll drill 4 more holes in each metal ring and secure everything with a flush head screw to connect the wood to the steel. But that will have to wait for another day.