I was able to take some steps in the right direction today. Before I can get working on the BatBerry in my garage, I need to get my Subaru back out on the road for the spring. That will clear out the garage for some good old fabrication.
Unfortunately, the Subaru has a busted wheel. On its final trip of the season last fall I ended up hitting something on the road that ended up splitting the rim. After a $250 flatbed charge the car was back in my garage. Unfortunately they won’t weld aluminum wheels anymore 😦
Of course a replacement rim “only” takes 3 months to order from Japan; and that was before the unbelievable devastation that occurred from the Tsunami.
Time for plan B ….
I took a trip down to Windsor today and picked up a new set of rims for the Subaru. Now I just have to paint the rims and get them on the car so that I’m ready to roll.
This will also give me a good opportunity to paint both my Subaru rims and the BatBerry rims to match. I’ll hopefully have some posts up soon of the painted rims.
Now if only I had a chassis to put them on 😦